How to make Einspänner at home
by Lucia Liang on Aug 25, 2023
Originating in beautiful Vienna, Austria, Einspanner coffee is known for its rich flavor, creamy texture and elegant appearance, making it a delightful unique blend. Einspanner was also introduced in our previous article. While in this article, we will provide a simple recipe for Einspanne to allow you to recreate this indulgent drink in the comfort of your own home.
Here's what you need to prepare for making an Einspanner:
- 2 espresso shots
- 1 cup of milk
- Cocoa powder
- Whipped cream
- Powdered sugar
- Ice cubes (optional)
How to make it?
- Prepare two shot of espresso using Wirsh Espresso Machine. The strong and aromatic flavor of espresso is essential for the authentic Einspänner experience.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Once the milk is hot, remove it from the heatand add the powdered sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Whip the heavy cream until firm and peaks form, either by hand or with a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Pour the espressosinto a glass. Slowly pour the hot milk into the cup, making sure to leave room at the top for the whipped cream.
- Add ice cubes if you like, and Einspanner is also a perfect cold treat.
- Finish with a dollop of whipped cream on top of the coffee and sprinkle some cocoa powder on top of the whipped cream. The cocoa powdernot only adds visual appeal, it also adds a hint of chocolate flavor to the coffee.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your Einspänner!
Einspanner is simple and combines the perfect balance of espresso, milk and cream to create a truly enjoyable experience for coffee lovers that is sure to appeal to your senses.
“How To Make Einspänner Coffee (Viennese Coffee)” E F Hobbs, https://efhobbs.com/how-to-make-einspanner-coffee / Accessed 18 Aug. 2023.